Student Services/Central Registration

Welcome to the Cobleskill-Richmondville Central School District.

Please register as early as possible. Students who are registered three or fewer days before school starts may be unable to begin school or have bus transportation provided for the first week. When registering students during the school year, NO student will be able to start on the day they register.

Below are steps you need to follow in order to get your student started in our district:

Step 1: Contact the District Registrar for an appointment at (518) 234-3165. The office is open Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. during the school year and from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday to Thursday between July 1 and Aug. 15. The registration office is located in the Student Services Office, 143 Golding Drive, Cobleskill (Ryder Elementary Building).

Step 2: To help make your appointment as streamlined as possible, please print our registration packet on-line and fill it out beforehand. We need one packet per child.

The registration packet includes the following forms:
Student Registration Form
Race-ethnicity Notice
Home Language Questionnaire
Request for Records
Health History Form
Parent Portal Application Form
Housing Questionnaire
Health Office Emergency Information Card
Acceptable Use Agreement

Step 3: Please gather and bring other necessary documentation. Those documents include:

• Proof of residency, which is one of the following:

  • Copy of Deed or other indication of real property ownership

  • Copy of Purchase Contract, with letter from Attorney (including date/time of closing)

  • Lease agreement or statement from landlord, owner or tenant from whom you lease or live with

  • Notarized statement from third party stating the physical presence of the parent/guardians in the district

  • Utility or other bill stating correct address

  • Driver's License

  • Recent income tax return showing the parent's name and address within the district

  • A current paycheck stub showing the parent's name and address within the district

  • Documentation illustrating the parent is receiving public assistance benefits at an address within the district

• Birth certificate, immunization records and copy of most recent physical

These documents are also required, only if applicable:

• Child's last report card

• Custody paperwork/court papers

• Special Education paperwork, including IEP

• 504 Plan

• Foster Placement, Department of Social Services Form 2999

Final step: After you complete  steps 1-3, the following will happen, based on what grade your child(ren) will enter:

Elementary (K-5)

The receiving elementary school will contact parents/guardian notifying them of start date and visit time.

Secondary (6-12)

Receiving school contacts parent/guardian to set an appointment to arrange academic schedule.

Special Education Students

Before a student with special education may start, the current IEP must be received and reviewed by the CSE chairperson. Depending on the student's placement needs, his or her "home" school placement may change. All reasonable efforts will be made to resume the student's education as soon as possible.